Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What's the big idea?...let's map it out.

I decided to make a concept map about the pH scale because it could be used in my lesson plan as an introduction. The bubbles are linked with websites about the topics so the students could use the concept map and click on the bubbles that they have questions about. I would hope that the concept map ignites the student's curiosity and show the students a visual layout.

I created a concept map using Slatebox and found it easily accessible. The concept map was easy and quick to make, it even allowed me to use links for each of my bubbles. I think it would be beneficial for students to create their own concept maps throughout a unit. The students could attach links and papers to the bubbles and have all items organized and easily accessible. These maps would be used again as a quicker way to review for the cumulative final at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment